31.12.08

My operating system isn't XP, Vista or MacOS, it is Firefox ...

Based on "Keep Your World Together With Firefox" (TheAppleBlog)

I too have to switch very often between multiple machines and I don't want to duplicate nor carry around my own files, (email, calendar, ...) applications, preferences, bookmarks, ... The answer is SaaS (software-as-a-service), greatly enabled by Google, Gmail, G-Talk and many other Google Apps. Another part of the answer is Firefox, which has many useful add-ons that make life a lot simpler.

This article from TheAppleBlog describes some of these add-ons, of which I am now using Gmail Notifier, TwitterFox and FoxyTunes, but still have to try out Scribefire for blogging (now using Blogger's BlogThis and Sage for RSS feeds) and Meebo for instant messaging (now using Google Talk).

You comments about very useful add-ons are greatly appreciated. The problem is that there are so many add-ons (as you can see on https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox) that trying out every blogging-related tool is a lot of work.

1 comment:

Mark Flaherty said...

I use my ISP's Webmail folders as a file directory that I can access from anywhere. A kind of self-made business intelligence SaaS. :)